Details: Term 2 Beginner’s 8 Week Course
Tuesday 4th May, 7:30pm – 8:45pm
Ideal for people completely new to yoga or returning after a break.
- Learn alignment through postural awareness
- Build strength and flexibility
- Develop deeper breathing patterns
- Relax and unwind
- Learn the basics to yoga practice.
Attend one class per week for 8 weeks or join our great value Intensive option to attend up to three classes per week, for only $25 per week.
Postures introduced are suitable for the beginner student. Basic yoga philosophy is also introduced.
Iyengar yoga can be practiced at all stages of life. The benefits are far-reaching and will assist the practitioner in every aspect of daily living.
Please contact us if you have any specific needs, or conditions. Or complete a registration form to inform us of your reasons for starting yoga and your health background information.
Choice of Passes
1. Purchase your EIGHT WEEK BEGINNERS COURSE to attend one class per week for 8 weeks.
2. Purchase your EIGHT WEEK BEGINNERS INTENSIVE OPTION to attend up to three classes per week for 8 weeks.
Course Details: Term 2 Beginner’s 8 Week Courses
Tuesday 7:30pm Beginner’s Course. Starts 4th May
More beginner’s class times if choosing the Intensive Option.
Monday 9:30am – Foundation / Level 1
Monday 6:00pm – Foundational
Thursday 7:30pm Stretch & Restore
Friday 9:30am – Foundation / Level 1
Saturday 9:45am – Foundation / Level 1
Find out what benefits yoga can offer you over eight weeks.
Sharing yoga with family and friends is double the fun, join together and both receive 10% OFF. Use Promo code JOINWITHAFRIEND (in uppercase) at checkout.
Register online to provide relevant health/medical information to confirm your place. Please indicate one main class you’d like to attend.
“Jamey is a great instructor, very thorough and makes it easy to learn; very relaxed and comfortable experience.”
Iyengar Yoga for Beginners
You will learn the postures suitable for the beginner student, with new postures introduced each week, and then consolidated. Basic yoga philosophy is also included within the classes.
Iyengar Yoga offers a specific focus on the alignment of the body which loosens tight muscles and brings firmness and stability, improving posture and helping to decrease pain and discomfort.
Iyengar Yoga strengthens and aligns the posture, creating more space for the joints, bringing lightness and mobility. The balanced and focused positioning of the body and mind, improve breathing patterns, circulation and concentration, soothe the nervous system and bring emotional balance.
“I enjoyed the process / journey, that I became able to do challenging yoga poses little by little through the 8 weeks.”
You will quickly experience the physical, mental and emotional benefits of this practice.
“I am really pleased with how quickly I have experienced general health benefits; I am experiencing lower levels of pain; enjoying the class and will definitely continue after the course finishes. Love it!”
Regular weekly attendance to your class is recommended. You can attend Beginners classes for as long as you wish before moving up to Level 1 classes. This may be as short as eight weeks or as long as three months or more. Level 1 classes are the next on-going class level.
“I like the pace of instruction – explanation is very clear. Also, useful when given extra information about not doing certain positions or changing these if have certain injuries eg. lower back pain.”
Things to know when enrolling for our Beginners Foundations Classes
– Register as a new student to our studio by completing a medical background form. This assists our teachers to assist you.
– Payment for the full course is required to confirm your place. If this is difficult please contact Loretta on 0421 824 397 to discuss instalments.
– Classes start promptly and you can arrive up to 15 minutes prior to get your spot on a mat. We clean mats after each class or you can bring your own personal mat. All equipment is supplied. You can purchase yoga mats, bolsters and props at our studio shop.
– You can keep on with the Beginners Foundation classes or move on to Level 1 classes where you will learn new poses and progress at your own pace. You don’t need to know all the names of the poses, or know how to do every pose, you will learn how to progress with the poses and be given ways of modifying them if needed.
– There are bathroom facilities for changing in to your yoga gear.
– Wear tights or shorts. Avoid wearing baggy clothing as it assists teachers if they can observe alignment of the joints.
– Leaving a gap of 2-3 hours after a heavy meal, and 1-2 hours after a light meal, prior to class is recommended.
“I am extremely satisfied with the classes I attend. It has assisted me to obtain and appreciate an improved quality of life.”
“Overall I enjoyed the class and would definitely recommend Unfold to anyone… I now see Yoga as a long term goal, I can see/feel the benefits in just a few short weeks so looking forward to maybe a year or so to see the change.”
“My weekly class has helped me to dedicate time to myself and release some stress that my body carries with me.”