Want a steady, meaningful and powerful beginning to your yoga journey?
A beginners class introduces you to a teacher and a method; which is a rewarding, safe, and reliable way to step in to practising yoga. You will receive clear instruction taught by qualified and experienced teachers, a supportive, professional environment, within a welcoming community.
“I enjoyed the process / journey, that I became able to do challenging yoga poses little by little through the 8 weeks.”
Iyengar Yoga for Beginners
Beginners classes are for those who have never done yoga before, or if you have not attended a class in a while. The chosen preliminary standing and seated postures in this course teach alignment through postural awareness. Each week expect to consolidate and be introduced to new postures, building your confidence and self awareness with new freedom.
Combined awareness and alignment helps to release tight muscles, decreasing pain and discomfort. Strengthening of the joints and the core body brings lightness and mobility. Balanced movement and breathing patterns increases circulation.
“Jamey is a great instructor, very thorough and makes it easy to learn; very relaxed and comfortable experience.”
It is an enlivening process to explore with awareness a steady and stable posture, releasing from habitual tightness and tensions, and bringing greater clarity of mind. You will quickly experience the physical, mental and emotional benefits of this transformative practice.
“I am really pleased with how quickly I have experienced general health benefits; I am experiencing lower levels of pain; enjoying the class and will definitely continue after the course finishes. Love it!”
Duration of the class is 1 hour
We offer eight week Beginners courses each term of the year; starting in February, May, July and October. Three course times are offered each term. Planning to book in to a course, you set a positive commitment and intention for having done so. Sharing yoga with family and friends is double the fun, both receiving a 10% discount for joining together.
Regular weekly attendance to your class is recommended. Any missed classes can be made up at other beginner course times or Level 1 class times within the duration of the course.
“I like the pace of instruction – explanation is very clear. Also, useful when given extra information about not doing certain positions or changing these if have certain injuries eg. lower back pain.”
Current Beginners Course Times
- Monday 6:00pm
Choice of Passes
Beginners 8 week Course $140
One class per week for 8 weeks
Beginners Intensive Course Option $185
Up to three classes per week for 8 weeks. GREAT VALUE at $7.70 per class!
Things to know when enrolling for our Beginner Courses:
– Register as a new student to our studio by completing a medical background form below. This assists our teachers to assist you.
– Payment for the full course is required to confirm your place in the course. If this is difficult please contact Loretta on 0421 824 397 to discuss instalments. Courses need a minimum of eight participants to go ahead.
– Classes start promptly, you can arrive up to 15 minutes prior to get your spot on a mat. We clean mats after each class or you can bring your own personal mat. All equipment is supplied. You can purchase yoga mats, bolsters and props at our studio shop.
– If a course has already started, you can still join the course. Get in touch below or just register your completed medical form. We will confirm your booking by emailing you.
– You can repeat the beginner’s course or move on to level 1 classes where you will learn new poses and progress at your own pace. You don’t need to know all the names of the poses, or know how to do every pose, you will learn how to progress with the poses and be given ways of modifying postures if needed.
– There are bathroom facilities for changing in to your yoga gear.
– Wear tights or shorts. Avoid wearing baggy clothing, as it assists teachers if they can observe alignment of the joints.
– Leaving a gap of 2-3 hours after a heavy meal, and 1-2 hours after a light meal, prior to class is recommended.
“I am extremely satisfied with the classes I attend. It has assisted me to obtain and appreciate an improved quality of life.”
“Overall I enjoyed the class and would definitely recommend Unfold to anyone… I now see Yoga as a long term goal, I can see/feel the benefits in just a few short weeks so looking forward to maybe a year or so to see the change.”
“My weekly class has helped me to dedicate time to myself and release some stress that my body carries with me.”