Thursday 7:30pm class – Starts 12 September
Yoga has become familiar to most people these days because it seems to be everywhere. If you are curious, interested, keen to find out what yoga is really about then our foundations for beginners is for you. It is a physically based yoga practice, which starts with the basics, and taught by highly qualified and experienced instructors.
Iyengar Yoga for Beginners
This eight week course is the place to start if you have never done yoga or haven’t been for awhile. It is a foundation based on standing poses and seated postures, and relaxation at the beginning and end of the class. The course is progressive week to week to inspire confidence as a beginner student. You will feel stronger, more stable, less restricted and calmer.
It is an enlivening process to explore with awareness a steady and stable posture, releasing from habitual tightness and tensions, and bringing greater clarity of mind. You will quickly experience the physical and mental benefits of this transformative practice.
Duration of the class is 1 hour
We offer eight week Beginners courses each term of the year; starting in February, May, July and October. Three course times are offered each term. Planning to book in to a course, you set a positive commitment and intention for having done so. Sharing yoga with family and friends is double the fun, both receiving a 10% discount for joining together. Contact us below to find out how.
The course is progressive week-to-week; regular weekly attendance to your class is recommended, however, missed classes can be made up at other beginner course times or Level 1 class times throughout the duration of the course.
Choice of Passes
Beginners 8 week Course $140
One class per week for 8 weeks
Beginners Intensive Course Option $185
Up to three classes per week for 8 weeks. GREAT VALUE at $7.70 per class!
Beginners Course Timetable
- Monday 6:00pm (ongoing)
- Thursday 7:30pm – commences 12 September
- Friday 10:00am (on-going)
- Saturday 9:45am- commences 21 September
Things to know when enrolling for our Beginner’s Course:
- Register as a new student to our studio by completing a medical background form.
– Classes start promptly, you can arrive up to 15 minutes prior to get your spot on a mat. We clean mats after each class or you can bring your own personal mat. All equipment is supplied. You can purchase yoga mats, bolsters and props at our studio shop.
– If a course has already started, you can join the course. Get in touch below or just register your completed medical form. We will confirm your booking by emailing you.
– You can repeat the beginner’s course or move on to level 1 classes where you will learn new poses and progress at your own pace. You don’t need to know all the names of the poses, or know how to do every pose, you will learn how to progress with the poses, finding the path of least resistance and looking after yourself. Teachers can offer modifications for the individual and do so skilfully within the general class.
– There are bathroom facilities for changing in to your yoga gear.
– Please do not wear perfumes.
– Wear tights or shorts. Avoid wearing baggy clothing, as it assists teachers if they can observe alignment of the joints.
– Leaving a gap of 2-3 hours after a heavy meal, and 1-2 hours after a light meal prior to class is recommended.
– Join with your friends and family, it’s always fun to share yoga with the special people in your life.
“During the class I look forward to getting out of my mind and back in to my body. This calming yet active time allows me to switch off from my busy life situation and connect back to myself.”
– Jan H.